Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wii Fit

I've been meaning to mention this for about a week now.

A friend of ours that works someplace that sells electronics obtained an early copy of Wii Fit. (This would have been a much cooler post if I had actually posted before Wii Fit was released.)

So, early impressions.

The Yoga and Strength Exercises are more workout than I thought they would be.
For an Obese fellow I have excellent balance.

The Balance and Aerobic Sections are just plain Fun; and I can see actually burning some fat playing. Mostly because I read this. I played for about 45 minutes and didn't feel like I had really exerted myself that much.

I have a C-note from Christmas that has been patiently waiting for Wii Fit to arrive. But I think I may have been a little too complacent about the whole pre-order thing. I went to purchase it Wednesday and it was sold out at the 3 different locations I tried. I'm having my friend check if he can pick one up for me.

I think why I delayed writing about this was that I wanted to have my own copy first, so I could play it a few days consistently before I made any judgement. Since my obtaining of the device has been delayed, and I have been prodded by more than one person that I need to make a new post, I have decided to comment regardless. As you can see however that has made my thoughts on the subject a little bit disjointed.

One of the balance games is a Ski Jump, and another is a Slalom. Both very fun, if somewhat short, though I have not played long enough to unlock longer/advanced versions of all the games.
One of my favorite arcade games of all time, was Alpine Racer. I dropped many a quarter into that machine. While it's not quite the same, it's similar enough to make me nostalgic, and now I really really want to Pick up We Ski.

Also skate it has been announced for Wii, which will utilize the Balance Board.

I will probably have more to say, but my thoughts are too disjointed to say more at this time.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the ski jumping! Some of the other stuff is a little tricky with my pregnant tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this out. To see how well I like it. We (the kiddos) bought this for my mom for mother's day. I shall see how it goes and if I like it before I buy it.

    ReplyDelete